Abbeys Auctions is proud to present a small but mighty auction of rare vintage guitars, online for viewing and bidding from Wednesday 1st November, with the auction commencing at 10am on Saturday 25th November.
Musicians, collectors and investors alike will love this collection – we invite you to visit the auction roomsrooms on Thursdays to view the items in person!
Vintage Gibson guitars are highly collectable and considered rare, due to their limited production numbers. Many Gibsons are sought after due to their historical significance due to their association with iconic musicians, particular eras or specific innovations. These guitars, especially those linked to famous artists or pivotal moments in music history, can become highly coveted. If owning a piece of musical history appeals to you, then don’t miss this special auction!
These guitars have been professionally inspected and prepared by Acoustic Centre. Highlights include:
- Gibson Custom Marc Bolan Les Paul VOS, S/N BOLAN 002, all original parts, case, COA and paperwork. In very good+ condition wth minimal playwear and a current market value of $9,000-$13,000. Also included in this lot are four T.Rex records including Electric Warrior, 20 Golden greats and two others.
- Gibson Custom Shop Historic Collection ’57 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue with Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard 2003, S/N 7-3172, In very good condition wth minimal playwear and a current market value of $9,000-$11,000.
- Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Custom Ebony 2006, S/N CS63762, with all original parts, case and certificate. In very good+ condition wth minimal playwear and a current market value of $5,000-$8,000.
- Gibson Les Paul Standard Cherry 2002, S/N 00582330, with all original parts and case. In very good+ condition wth minimal playwear and a current market value of $2,500-$3,500. Please note light oxidization of metal parts.
- Gibson Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst 2001, S/N 01691621, with all original parts and case. In very good condition wth minimal playwear and a current market value of $2,500-$3,200.
Do you have a collection of musical instruments or music-related items you do not know what to do with? Are you unsure of it’s worth or value? If you’d like to know the value of your items, or want to discuss your collection in further detail, please contact us to make an appointment with one of our valuers.