If you are planning on moving or decluttering your home, or are simply looking to change your style with new furniture, then Abbeys can help sell your old furniture through online auction.
Abbeys Auctions has over 50 years experience selling furniture on behalf of vendors to customers in Melbourne. Are you downsizing, restyling or dealing with an estate? Not only do we help sell furniture; we can help move, store, AND sell!
There are some real benefits to selling furniture via online auction:
- Price – Realise the value of your furniture by having a valuer provide an estimate on its worth and use the power of auction to determine the actual market value of your items.
- Security – No need to provide your address details for strangers to view furniture at your home; this is all done for you.
- Style – It gives you the flexibility to upgrade your look and provide some additional funds from the sale of your old furniture!
- Environment – Selling your furniture for someone else to treasure means less landfill, so it’s better for the environment.
- Quick Turnaround – we hold auctions every Friday (view our current catalogue) and commonly furniture will go directly into the next upcoming auction – typically 2 – 3 weeks. Sometimes furniture is held for our special Collectables auction which is held monthly. Payment is made the week after your goods sell at auction.
Examples of furniture we sell at online auction includes:
- Modular couches
- 2, 3 and 4 seater
- Chaise sofa
- Chaise lounge
- L shaped
- Arm chair
Examples of recent furniture sold at Abbeys Auctions
Here’s how to organise selling your furniture through Abbeys:
- Use the appraisal form here to attach photos of items and obtain a free auction appraisal.
- Be sure to include a phone number and we will contact you to discuss which items are suitable, advise of likely auction value and confirm your drop off appointment.
- You will be advised of our selling fees and terms and conditions
- Once you have dropped off your furniture, sit back and relax!