We offer a free appraisal service. Simply send photos of your items via email or bring them along to the Auction Rooms and we will gladly provide an auction estimate.
Selling at Abbeys Auctions is easy!
- Items for Auction must be clean and in good condition.
- Use the appraisal form here to attach photos of items and obtain a free auction appraisal. Or, you can Text or email your photos
– be sure to include a phone number and we will contact you to discuss your items.
- On site visits may be possible if you have a large collection of items or full property to clear
- Written valuations for insurance or legal purposes will be provided for a fee.
- We can arrange for our professional carriers to collect your items.
- Phone us on 0488 118 190 – we’re available 7 days
Contactless Drop-off of goods for sale – by appointment
We are now receiving goods at Abbeys Burwood by appointment . Booking times are available on Mondays and Tuesdays 1pm to 4.30pm and Saturdays 9am to 3.30pm.
Here’s how it works:
Send us pictures of your items by email or text or use the appraisal form here.
or Phone us on 0488 118 190 for an initial discussion – we’re available 7 days
We’ll contact you to discuss which items are suitable, advise of likely auction value and confirm your drop-off appointment. At this time we’ll take all of the information needed to ensure that the drop-off can be quick and contactless. This will include your contact details and bank account for payment of proceeds.
You will receive an email confirmation including your appointment time, Vendor Reference number and drop off instructions.
At your appointment time, please arrive and park at the FRONT of the building. Remain in your car and call us on 03 98982118 to confirm your arrival. Well advise your drop-off zone number and ensure that it is free for you.
Proceed to the rear of the building (via Alexander Drive) and place your goods in the allocated drop-of zone. We will have your receipt ready. NOTE: This process will be contactless – this means that goods will not be inspected or itemised at the time of drop-off – we will sort your items and prepare a more detailed inventory prior to sale.
For current vendors
If you have any questions or would like a progress update on your goods for sale, please call us and quote your Vendor Reference number.
Valuation & Appraisals
- A Commission of 20% and a Lot Fee of $9 per lot (applied to unsold/sold lots) will be deducted from the bid price, together with any applicable cartage or other costs.
- Payment will be made on the second Wednesday after sale.
- Payment will be made on the second Wednesday after sale by EFT direct deposit to your account – $5.00 per transaction (overseas transactions may incur a fee from the receiving back). If you require a cheque – $5 postage and handling. Lost or replacement cheques incur a $15.00 cancellation fee.
- Postage of goods – handling fee minimum of $15.00 or greater depending on complexity plus all costs of postage and insurance
- We can provide transport to and from your location. Transport costs are usually deducted from auction proceeds therefore there is no upfront fee in most cases.
- Call our office for an estimated costs and to arrange a collection time.
Our aim is to achieve the best price possible for your items and we believe that a public auction is a good way to be sure of the true market value. We also need to manage a lot of items every week, therefore we will not accept reserves for items under $500.
If you do want a reserve on your goods then we have a few simple rules.
- Please discuss your reserve with our auctioneers to be sure that we agree it is a realistic market price.
- Please arrange your reserve price at the time of booking in your goods for sale and make sure it’s recorded on the goods receipt documentation.
- Changes to reserves will not be accepted after the item has been published in a catalogue.
- Reserved items will be offered for a maximum of three auctions. The auctioneer may elect to reduce the reserve by 20% in each subsequent auction.
- If reserved items remain unsold after three auctions, then commission will be charged on the initial reserve amount and you will be asked to remove the goods at your cost.